Su-57 3D-Printed & coloured Interior on decal paper (for Zvezda kit)
Quinta 3D Decals
3D-Decal Working Tips
- Since 3D-Decals are significantly thicker than traditional ones, we advise to use additional adhesive to put it in place. PVA-based glue is recommended, although Microscale MetalFoil Adhesive, or acrylic lacquer (such as Tamiya X-22 or Future Pledge) can also be successfully used.
- Small parts can also be glued with cyanoacrylate glue. Keep in mind that using such glue requires extra care – accuracy, quickness and careful positioning are required since the drying time for CYA glue is very short. CYA gel – based glues may be used for preference, since they do give user more time to position the part.
!!! Using decal softener solutions (Micro Set/Sol, Gunze Mr.Decal etc.) is NOT RECOMMENDED! You risk dissolution and damage to the embossed surface, losing the crispness of detail due to its softening.
- Prepare plastic kit parts for use. In some cases removing the raised details on kit parts may be required (see decal instructions for specifics).
- Optionally, kit plastic parts may be primed or painted to provide better adhesion for 3D-Decal.
- Carefully apply glue to a plastic kit part in a uniform thin layer. When using Microscale Metal Foil Adhesive, make sure it is transparent first, then glue the part.
- Separate the 3D-Decal part from its paper base, submerging it into warm water (just as you would do with a conventional water-slide decal), then position it uponthe plastic kit part. Give it some _me dry (approx. 20 mins).
- To ensure extra adhesion, you may want to use cyanoacrylate glue applied to the side of 3D-Decal part. USE CARE! We recommend using bamboo toothpick or thin wire micro-loop for this opera_on. Using the glue tube itself is not recommended. If small elements or seat belts are present in 3D-Decal layout, we recommend using cyanoacrylate glue, or CYA-gel:
- Squeeze a drop of CYA-glue out of the tube onto a separate surface.
- Dip a toothpick or wire micro-loop into it. Miniscule drop of glue should remain on a tip of a toothpick.
- Carefully put this miniscule drop onto plastic kit part.
- Separate the 3D-Decal part in warm water, then remove water from it with dry napkin (paper or fabric), or dry brush.
- Put the 3D-Decal part in its place on the drop of glue (see step 3). Use sharp tweezers, or a needle, or a _p of a modeling knife, or wet brush.
- Carefully and quickly position the 3D-Decal part.
We hope you'll have fun and achieve good results with our products.